Research workshop: "Structural change and technological upgrading in times of globalization: strategies and policies for developing countries"
On 8-10 November 2018, we hosted a workshop on "Structural change and technological upgrading in times of globalization: strategies and policies for developing countries". The workshop was organized jointly with Melike Döver (HTW Berlin), Claudius Gräbner (JKU Linz) and Jakob Hafele (University of Vienna & ZOE.Institute) and enjoyed financial support by the Fritz Thyssen Foundation.
- Nizza, 4 September 2018: "Fields of study choices and the reproduction of gender inequalities", presentation at the 30th EAEPE Conference (joint paper with Carlo D'Ippoliti).
- Tutzing, 6 March 2018: "Development and freedom, development as freedom"?, talk at the conference "Capitalism and freedom" (in German), Evangelische Akademie Tutzing
- Göttingen, 31 January 2018: participation at the panel discussion "Development: Between Model and Reality", University of Göttingen, organized by the students of Kritische Wirtschaftswissenschaften Göttingen.
- New Delhi, 5 December 2017: "Behavioural development economics - progress or fad?", lecture at the DAAD-funded workshop "New Paradigsm of Economic Development: Social and Environmental Dimensions”, Network for Comparative Economic Development Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Tübingen, 5 July 2017: "Individuelle Zielsetzungen - ein Ansatzpunkt für das gute Leben?", talk at the lecture series organized by Rethinking Economics Tübingen.
- Helsinki, 22 May 2017: "Old vs. New Behavioural Economics: A Comparison Using the Case of 'Aspiration Traps', talk at the TINT Academy of Finland Centre of Excellence in the Philosophy of the Social Sciences, Workshop on "Economics and/or Psychology?".
- Budapest, 22, October 2016: "Inequalities, policy-making, institutions and human development. A framework and and an Illustration", talk at the YSI-INET Plenary "Piecing Together a Paradigm".
- Oxford, 14 Sept 2016: "What are the policy implications of aspiration traps?", presentation at the Development Studies Association (DSA) Conference 2016.
- Berlin, 26 Oct 2015: "What development economics can learn from behavioural economics", invited talk at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) & Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (giz) (in German).
Santiago de Chile, 10 June 2014: "Towards a political economy of the middle-income trap", presentation at the REPAL Annual conference.
Washington D.C., 30 May 2014: "Socio-economic family background, household situations, educational aspirations and achievements", invited presentation at the 4th World Bank Equity Conference on Aspirations, Poverty and Inequality.
- 25. Mai 2018: "Einführung in fuzzy-set qualitative comparative analysis (fsQCA)", Universität Siegen, Workshop Methodenpluralismus.
- 8.-9. Juni 2018: "Philosophie der Ökonomik", 3. IMK-Workshop Plurale Ökonomik, Düsseldorf.
- 26. Juni und 3. Juli 2018: "LaTex Einführungsworkhop für Masterstudierende", Universität Siegen.