Workshop: "Structural change and technological upgrading in times of globalization: strategies and policies for developing countries"
On 8-10 November 2018, a workshop on "Structural change and technological upgrading in times of globalization: strategies and policies for developing countries" takes place in Siegen. The workshop is organized jointly by Melike Döver, Svenja Flechtner, Claudius Gräbner and Jakob Hafele and enjoys financial support by the Fritz Thyssen Foundation.
The Call for Papers is open until 30 June 2018. The program will be posted in August 2018.
- Tutzing, 6 March 2018: "Development and freedom, development as freedom"?, talk at the conference "Capitalism and freedom" (in German), Evangelische Akademie Tutzing
- Göttingen, 31 January 2018: participation at the panel discussion "Development: Between Model and Reality", University of Göttingen, organized by the students of Kritische Wirtschaftswissenschaften Göttingen.
- New Delhi, 5 December 2017: "Behavioural development economics - progress or fad?", lecture at the DAAD-funded workshop "New Paradigsm of Economic Development: Social and Environmental Dimensions”, Network for Comparative Economic Development Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Tübingen, 5 July 2017: "Individuelle Zielsetzungen - ein Ansatzpunkt für das gute Leben?", talk at the lecture series organized by Rethinking Economics Tübingen.
- Helsinki, 22 May 2017: "Old vs. New Behavioural Economics: A Comparison Using the Case of 'Aspiration Traps', talk at the TINT Academy of Finland Centre of Excellence in the Philosophy of the Social Sciences, Workshop on "Economics and/or Psychology?".
- Budapest, 22, October 2016: "Inequalities, policy-making, institutions and human development. A framework and and an Illustration", talk at the YSI-INET Plenary "Piecing Together a Paradigm".
- Oxford, 14 Sept 2016: "What are the policy implications of aspiration traps?", presentation at the Development Studies Association (DSA) Conference 2016.
- Berlin, 26 Oct 2015: "What development economics can learn from behavioural economics", invited talk at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) & Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (giz) (in German).
Santiago de Chile, 10 June 2014: "Towards a political economy of the middle-income trap", presentation at the REPAL Annual conference.
Washington D.C., 30 May 2014: "Socio-economic family background, household situations, educational aspirations and achievements", invited presentation at the 4th World Bank Equity Conference on Aspirations, Poverty and Inequality.
- 25. Mai 2018: "Einführung in fuzzy-set qualitative comparative analysis (fsQCA)", Universität Siegen, Workshop Methodenpluralismus.
- 8.-9. Juni 2018: "Philosophie der Ökonomik", 3. IMK-Workshop Plurale Ökonomik, Düsseldorf.
- 4.-10. August 2018: "Entwicklungsökonomik", Workshop bei der 2. Sommerakademie von Exploring Economics, Neudietendorf.