Prof. Dr. Thomas Kopp
|Position:||Jun.-Professsor for Economics and Didactics|
|Head of board at Common Future e.V.|
|Telephone:||+49 (0)271 740 - 3588|
|Fax:||+49 (0)271 740 - 3143|
- Agricultural Economics
- Development Economics
- Ecological Economics
- Economics of International Trade
- Industrial Organization
- Since 05/2020: Junior Professor - School of Economic Disciplines, University of Siegen, Germany, Economics and their didactics
- 02/2020 - 05/2020: Assistant professor - Faculty of Economics and Management, Free University of Bolzano (Italy), Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
- 10/2016 - 01/2020: Postdoctoral researcher - Chair of Agricultural Market Analysis, Göttingen University, Germany, Own DFG Project: “Behaviour under imperfect competition on markets for agricultural goods in economically less developed countries, exemplified with the rubber value chain”
- 02/2012 – 06/2015: Doctoral researcher - Chair of Agricultural Market Analysis, Göttingen University, Germany
- 02/2012 – 06/2015 International Ph.D. Program for Agricultural Sciences (IPAG), Göttingen University, Germany
- 10/2009 – 09/2011 Master of Science: Agricultural Economics, Göttingen University, Germany
- 10/2006 – 09/2009 Bachelor of Arts: Area Studies of Asia / Africa. Focus region: East Africa, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
- Kopp, T. (2022) "When switching costs cause market power: Rubber processing in Indonesia", Agricultural Economics, 53.3, p. 481-495.
- Kopp, T. and Mishra, A. (2022) "Perishability and market power in Nepalese food crop production", Journal of Agricultural Economics, 73.2, p. 518-540.
Kopp,T. and Sexton, R. (2021) "Farmers, Traders, and Processors: Buyer Market Power and Double Marginalization in Indonesia", American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 103.2, p. 543-568.
Kopp,T. and Salecker, J. (2020). "How traders influence their neighbours: Modelling social evolutionary processes and peer effects in agricultural trade networks", Journal for Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 117.103944, p. 1-24.
Lange, S., P. Pütz, and T. Kopp (2018). “Do Mature Economies Grow Exponentially?” Ecological Economics 147, 123–133 (shared first authorship).
Kopp, T. and B. Brümmer (2017). “Traders’ market power along Indonesian rubber value chains”. China Agricultural Economic Review (Received Emerald Award for Excellence for Best Article in this Journal in 2017) 9.2, pp. 169–187.
Kopp, T., B. Brümmer , Z. Alamsyah, and R. S. Fatricia (2017). “Welfare implications of intertemporal marketing margin manipulation”. British Food Journal 119.8, pp. 1656–1671.
Kopp, T., S. Prehn, and B. Brümmer (2016). “Preference Erosion - The Case of Everything But Arms and Sugar”. World Economy 39.9, pp. 1339–1359.
Awards and Stipends
- 07/2018 Emerald LiteratiAward for the best article in 2017 for Kopp and Brümmer (2017), published in “China Agricultural Economic Review”
- 09/2017 Guest lecturer at Jambi University, Indonesia (Erasmus+ Key Action 107, EU)
- 09/2010 – 02/2011 Exchange student at University of Nottingham, United Kingdom (ERASMUS)
- 05/2009 – 06/2009 Exchange student at Zanzibar State University, Tanzania (DAAD)
- 05/2008 – 09/2008 Internship at Commit to Partnership e.V. and Asmerade, Togo (DAAD)
- 10/2007 – 01/2008 Internship at Tanzania Youth Coalition in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (DAAD)
My profile on
- By appointment