Univ.- Prof. Dr. Arndt Werner
Temporarily only available via e-mail:
Prior to his appointment as Chair of Business Administration, esp. Management of SMEs and Entrepreneurship, Prof. Dr. Arndt Werner worked at the Institute for SME Research in Bonn (IfM Bonn). His most recent position was project coordinator and member of the management board. During this time, he held the professorship for Business Administration, esp. International Management at RWTH Aachen University and the professorship for Business Administration, esp. Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management at the University of Siegen. He completed his habilitation there successfully in December 2012. His doctoral thesis was completed at the Department of Business Administration and Human Resources Management at the University of Cologne. Dr Arndt Werner has presented his research results at many national (e.g. VHB, Verein für Socialpolitik) and international (e.g. BCERC, EALE, SMS) conferences and published them in renowned journals (e.g. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, Small Business Economics, Journal of Business Economics (ZfB), Journal of Technology Transfer, Journal of Small Business Management). His methodological work is based on microeconomic and behavioural theories with a strong focus on quantitative research. However, he also increasingly uses qualitative research methods (especially case studies). Currently, Prof. Dr. Arndt Werner is working increasingly on innovation behaviour in family businesses and the mechanisms of academic innovation transfer - e.g. via university spin-offs (academic entrepreneurship).
List of the 10 most recent scientific publications of the chair
- Pütz, L./ Schell, S./ Werner, A. (2022): Openness to knowledge: does corporate social responsibility mediate the relationship between familiness and absorptive capacity?. Small Bus Econ. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11187-022-00671-0
- Stock, C./ Hossinger, S./ Werner, A./ Schell, S. / Soluk, J. (2022): Corporate Social Responsibility as a Driver of Digital Innovation in SMEs:The Mediation Effect of Absorptive Capacity. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing, Vol. 14, Nos. 4/5, pp.571–601
- Hossinger, S./ Xiangiu, C./ Block, J./ Werner, A. (2021): What drives the Venturing Progress of Academic Entrepreneurs? The Role of Individual Motivations. Journal of Technology Transfer (online first). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10961-021-09904-y
- Schneck, S./ Werner, A./ Wolter, HJ. (2021): A Replication Study on Growth Paths of Young Firms: Evidence from German Administrative Data. Journal of Business Venturing Insights. Volume 16, e00246, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbvi.2021.e00246.
- Demir, C./ Stephan, M./ Werner, A. (2021): How do life partners and their occupational choice affect the path of transition to entrepreneurship? A comparison between direct and indirect entry into entrepreneurship. Journal of Contextual Economics 141, 1-38.
- Hauser, C./ Simonyan, A. / Werner, A. (2021): Condoning corrupt behavior at work: What roles do Machiavellianism, on-the-job experience, and neutralization play? Business & Society. Vol. 60, Issue 6, 1468-1506.
- Werner, A./Haunschild, L. /Schell, S. (2021): How does Succession Influence Investment Decisions, Credit Financing, and Business Performance in Small and Medium-Sized Family Firms? International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal Vol. 17, Issue 1, 423-446.
- Demir, C./ Jones, P./ Kraus, S./ Werner, A. (2020): Hybrid Entrepreneurship: a Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship DOI: 10.1080/08276331.2020. 1764738 (online first).
- Schlepphorst, S./ Burer, E./ Werner, A./ Soost, Ch./ Moog, P. (2020): International Assignments of Employees and Latent Entrepreneurship: The Mediating Role of Human Capital, Social Capital and Career Prospects. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research. Vol. 26, Issue 6, 1259-1279.
- Hossinger, S./ Chen, X./ Werner, A. (2020): Drivers, Barriers and Success factors of academic spin offs: A systematic literature review. Management Review Quarterly. Vol. 70, Issue 1, 97-134.
Link to the complete list of publications