Prof. Dr. Sebastian G. Kessing
University of Siegen
Room: US-A 228
Office Hours (during the term): Tuesdays 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
There will be no office hours on the following dates: 26/07/2016
Additional office hour: Monday, 25th of July, 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Prior registration by email is required. In the period of term breaks office hours take place only by appointment (via email).
- Federalism and Regional Economics
- Local Public Finace
- Governance of the Public Sector
- Public Goods
- Theory of Taxation
Academic and Professional Positions
- since 2009: Full Professor, Chair of Public Economics, University of Siegen
- since 2006: CESifo Research Affiliate
- 2007 - 2009: Economist, European Commission, Directorate-General Economic and Financial Affairs
- 2006 - 2007: Senior Research Fellow, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB)
- 2005 - 2006: Research Fellow, University of Warwick, Department of Economics
- 2001 - 2005: Lecturer, Institute for Public Economics and Social Policy, Free University Berlin
- Habilitation (2008), Free University Berlin
- Dr. rer. pol. (2003), Free University Berlin (Supervisors: Kai A. Konrad, Giuseppe Bertola)
- Doctoral Studies (1997-2000), European University Institute (EUI) in Florence
- Dipl. Volkswirt (1997), Free University Berlin
- Studies of Economics, University of Marburg, Universidad de Chile and Free University Berlin